History of The Vineyard
In the Spring of 1982, John Wimber was called to pastor several churches in California. He called them the Vineyard. In 1987 the various Vineyard churches formed a formal church association called the Assoc. of Vineyard Churches. The churches are self-governing, but overseen and encouraged on a voluntary basis by Area Pastor Coordinators and Regional Overseers in each region of the country.
John Wimber passed away on Nov. 1 ,1997, but the Vineyard movement is still growing, with new churches being planted nationally and internationally.
Members come from a number of different social, racial, educational and economic backgrounds but our hearts are drawn together by several things: The pursuit of the God of the Scriptures, the priority of the Bible, a passion to worship God, wanting to serve others, and an informal, welcoming atmosphere!
History of The Logansport Vineyard
After of period of searching for spiritual covering we began relationship with the Vineyard Movement and adopted into the AVC in June 1993. In 1995 & 1996 the Logansport Vineyard met at the Super 8 Hotel and grew spiritually as well as numerically.
In August of 1996, we took a step of faith and purchased the facility at 1301 N. 3rd St. the old 3rd St. United Methodist Church building.
January 2007 our name was officially changed to Vineyard Community Church
After much prayer and discussion, in April of 2012, we took another step of faith and signed a 15 year lease for our current building.
- WORSHIP – we are committed to giving worship top priority in all our meetings
- WORD OF GOD – The Bible is THE standard of truth on which to build our lives upon.
- EVANGELISM– We seek to bring others into a relationship with Jesus and serve them as needed.
- EMPOWERED MINISTRY – We are committed to walking and ministering in the power of the Holy Sprit with all His accompanying gifts, signs and wonders.
- RELATIONSHIPS – We are committed to building strong healthy relationship within the church and within families and modeling friendship to our neighbors, family and friends.
- TRAINING – we are committed to giving people the tools they need to have a strong faith, marriage, and friendship.
- UNITY – We are committed to breaking the dividing walls that exist between Pastors, bible-preaching churches, and Christians.
- WORSHIP – It is important for Disciples to Worship Jesus in every setting of their life.
- WORD – It is important for Disciples to live out God’s truth consistently.
- WORKS – It is important for Disciples to Invite the Spirit’s presence and power in all settings.
- WELCOMING – It is important for Disciples to focus on making guests feel special in church settings.
- WINSOME – It is important for Disciples to demonstrate a Joy-filled, cheerful attitude in their relationships.
- WITNESS – It is important for Disciples to share regularly their faith story with other people.
Our beliefs and theology are firmly established in the evangelical Christian Faith. The Association of Vineyard Churches has approximately 1500 churches worldwide. See www.vineyardusa.org
A detailed statement of Faith is available upon request.
*At the Logansport Vineyard we welcome and affirm leadership from men and women. We do not believe that leadership is gender based. We believe it is God-gifted to men and women. In the Vineyard Movement you will see women as co-pastors, lead pastors, and regional overseers. In our local church, you will see women in varying leadership roles as well.